Sunday, October 9, 2022

Blackberry Magic


A friend's dream of blackberry magic around a version of me leads me to post a report of an experience that still gives me delicious shivers. I notice the timing is right, as the year turns. 


October 2, 2020

Dream

The Sidhe of Blackberry Hill

1

I return juiced and happy from a dream outing during an afternoon nap in which I am picking and eating blackberries from huge bushes growing free and wild on the otherwise manicured lawns of a grand country house. I have the feeling I am in Ireland. In the foreground is a great cairn of blackberries picked by others.

2
An Irish friend tells me that the folk belief in Ireland is that after October 1 berries belong to the fairies.

3
I reenter my dream and step through the open door of the country house. I am welcomed by a lovely young woman with streaming red hair. She takes me by the hand and leads me to a strong and beautiful man who has the aspect of a Celtic prince, or a lord of the Sidhe. I bow my head. He interrupts me, bowing his head to me. He tells me, "This is your house." He guides me to the seat at the head of a vast banquet table. I know that his name is Eireann.

4
I take a very short nap before going on an overnight radio show - in physical reality - from 1 to 3 a.m. my time. In my dream I am wearing an immensely powerful body or body suit set with lights of different colors, many arranged in pairs. I rise from my bed exultant, surging with energy.

When I draw the dream I give the figure Eireann's face. I add the broadsword raised by both hands to catch some of the energy of the last dream in the sequence. It is a sword of light.

No comments: