Monday, February 20, 2023

A Dreamer's Notes: The Mystery of the Unused Hotel Rooms

 


February 20, 2023

The Mystery of the Unused Hotel Rooms

Do you track recurring themes in your dreams? Last night my dreams presented, yet again, the Mystery of the Unused Hotel Rooms.
I travel far more in my dreams than in physical reality and often stay in hotels or upscale apartments. Last night I talked with a deceased friend (very much alive in the dream) at a hacienda-style resort on a private beach. As checkout time approached, I was very conscious I needed to get over to a nearby hotel and settle my bill there. I had rented a room at the hotel for the three nights of my stay but had not used it, as far as I was aware.
Since I didn't get over there before I returned from my dream excursion, I don't know whether I had luggage in the hotel room. I checked my journals for comparable dream reports, tracking the theme.
The hotels and the cities are different in each dream but there are some generic similarities. The hotels are always at least 3 or 4 star, corporate rather than boutique, located in downtown business districts with conference centers and upscale chain restaurants. The rooms I don't use are spacious, sometimes suites. Paying for them doesn't bother me. However I often have trouble remembering the name and address of the hotel and am in a hurry to get there, pick up my bag (if I left one) and settle the bill in time to catch a plane.
What is going on in each of these dreams is a specific situation with its own lineaments. Yet when I survey the possible overarching theme, I suspect that these unused hotel rooms where I have been running a tab may be clues to the wanderings of one or more of my dream doubles. Dream Roberts do seem to show up all over the Many Worlds. Maybe if I can get a look at the hotel bills I can find out more of what they are doing.

"Twin Hotels" digital play by RM

1 comment:

Claudia Dawson said...

I have a reoccuring theme of moving into "foster homes." A temporary shelter. An in-between state of consciousness maybe.