Sunday, October 8, 2023

Dream movies

 


Do you sometimes feel that your dreams are movies? I am sure we have personal film studios that produce some of our dreams, to educate or arouse, to shock or entertain. They deliver night movies in every genre. Sometimes we stay in the audience, sometimes we the stars or at least the supporting actors. If we grow our lucidity about all of this, we may be able to step into the role of director and screenwriter.

As one of my dream movies comes to an end. I may ask to look at the credits. I found that one of my dreams was the work of Hanuman Productions. I have identified other studios and actually toured some of them in conscious dream journeys.

I’m chuckling over the hint that was given to me last night that one of my dreams was produced as an entertainment. It was an exciting thriller in which I was seeking evidence that a high official was working for the Russians. By my side, as I watched him, was an interesting sidearm - not a gun, not a camera, but a TV remote. This clued me in to the fact that my recent binging on a streaming thriller series (Homeland) featuring double agents and Russian spies may have prompted my inner producers to order up a similar script from my dream writers.

A man who came to one of my early Active Dreaming workshops told the group, "I'm here because I've been missing the movies." He may have been saying more than we knew at that time.


Drawing: "Hanuman Productions" by Robert Moss

No comments: